Friday, January 31, 2014

About Favorite Fridays...

I really don't like writer's block, the worst form of which is not even knowing what you want to write about. When you're doing a blog and looking at a blank screen, that's pretty lousy. I found myself in that position tonight when I hit upon an idea. If Thursday is 3D Thursday and Saturday is supposed to be Serial Saturday (I'm actually restarting that idea), what in the world could Friday be? The simple answer would be Fright Friday, but a lot of people do that. Then it occurred to me. Favorite Fridays. On those days, I would watch and review my favorite movies.


Note that these are my personal favorites. When I sometimes tell people that my all time favorite is Raiders of the Lost Ark, they look at me as if I have two heads. What people miss is that favorite doesn't necessarily equate to best. Certainly there are technically better movies than Raiders, but Raiders does something for me that those others don't. I never get sick of it nor do I think I ever will.


So sometimes you may see a film reviewed on Favorite Fridays and scratch your head and say "That's a favorite of his?" Yep. Deal with it. Age has nothing to do with it, either. The movie can be ancient like Horsefeathers, from within my lifetime but still considered old like Jaws, or from just the past few years like Captain America: The First Avenger. It may be a film that is universally considered a great or it may be something that's considered an absolute stinker but I still love it. It can be from any genre: horror, comedy, action, musical. So, sit back, enjoy the ride, and welcome to Favorite Fridays.

No comments:

Post a Comment