Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Mostly Useless Blog of Information About Me

It seems fair to start the ball rolling by discussing exactly what my movie passions are. I know this probably isn't useful to the vast majority of you, but it should at least give you a taste of what's to come in future blogs.

First off, if you couldn't tell from the title, I'm a 3-D nut. Have been since my first 3-D movie in 1982. I've seen well over 100 3-D films, shorts, music videos, and TV shows and even made 2 shorts in 3-D.

Beyond that, I'm a huge fan of old time cliffhanger serials. Again, I've made 2--actually 3, but I haven't got around to editing the 3rd one yet. I've also seen nearly 200 serials so far. It's a fun genre, though it seems to inspire some of the nastiest of the fandom wars out there (more on that in a future blog).

My two favorite directors are Steven Spielberg (Raiders of the Lost Ark is my favorite movie of all time) and Alfred Hitchcock. Favorite comedy director, however, is Mel Brooks. My favorite actors and actresses are tough to call, but breaking it up I'd have to say Jimmy Stewart or Steve McQueen for classic actors and either Harrison Ford or George Clooney for modern with Ingrid Bergman for favorite classic actress and possibly Gwyneth Paltrow for modern. As previously stated, Raiders of the Lost Ark is my favorite movie with Jaws as number two and Creature From the Black Lagoon number three (yes, I'm serious about that). I prefer action movies over modern comedies and traditional animation over CG animation. Besides Indiana Jones, James Bond is my favorite movie series with Star Wars not far behind. In terms of TV, Columbo is my favorite show, I don't watch Reality TV, and I'm gonna miss Monk when it's done.

Well, that's probably enough for now. My next update (and first real topic) will be on 3-D movies and that, I assure you, will be more interesting than today's topic! See ya at the movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment